What you need: ✔Olive Oil ✔Dirty makeup brushes ✔Dish soap (shampoo or any soap will do) ✔A plate
1. Mix equal parts olive oil & dish soap
2. Rub makeup brush in mixture on plate
3. Rinse with warm water & lay flat on towel to dry
Laying your brushes flat is ideal so that your brushes last longer. Setting them upright will allow water to get into the ferrule (The metal part that holds the fibers) & allow the ferrule to detach from the handle.
Tip: For a quick cleanup you can put rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle, spray your brushes & wipe off on a rag.
- HM Makeup Brush Cleaning (chelsearivera.wordpress.com)
- Makeup Application 101: Makeup Brushes (lifemarriagebabycarriages.wordpress.com)
- Makeup Application 101: Makeup Brushes (sarahannash.wordpress.com)
- how to clean your makeup brushes (instructables.com)
- 5 Makeup Brushes Every Woman Needs (theglitterguide.com)
- How I Clean My Makeup Brushes (makeupbyvick.wordpress.com)
- How I Clean My Brushes (cookiescurvyandachronicle.com)
- Makeup Brush Cleaner (lashesanddashes.wordpress.com)
- When was the last time you washed your makeup brushes? (rachelstofflet.wordpress.com)
- Cleaning Makeup Brushes: An Attempt – Part 1. (effiewright.wordpress.com)