Is there anything better than a big chilled margarita? This recipe is actually very simple. In fact, it’s much easier to make 25 jelly shots than it is to make 25 margaritas. The backbone of the recipe is pomegranate juice, sugar, lime juice, and some gelatin that keeps the shots together.
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lime juice only
- 1 ounce gelatin
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1 cup tequila
1. In a small saucepan, heat pomegranate juice with sugar and lime juice. Just heat the mixture until the sugar dissolves. It doesn’t need to be very hot.
2. In a small bowl, stir together water with gelatin. The gelatin should swell and it should basically turn into a paste.
3. Slowly stir hot pomegranate mixture into the bloomed gelatin. The mixture should be without a lot of lumps.
4. Stir in triple sec and tequila.
5. Pour mixture into an 8″ x 8″ baking dish. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and chill the mixture until it sets, about five hours at a minimum but overnight is best.
6. Remove plastic wrap and slice shots into 25 even pieces (5 by 5 cuts).
7. Serve jelly shots optionally with whipped cream and lime zest. But they’re also great on their own!
Photo Credit: creativeportfolio.net
- Margarita Recipes & Christmas Margaritas | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Cherry-pomegranate Jell-o Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Layered Margarita Bites Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Made in USA Pomegranate Martini (usa-c.com)
- Holiday Gift Recipe: Pomegranate Molasses (kcet.org)
- Vanilla Cream With Pomegranate-raspberry Stars Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Maroccan Martini (elchinolatinococina.wordpress.com)
- Pomegranate-Raspberry Bars (someoneleftthecakeoutintherain.wordpress.com)
- Cranberry Margaritas (sarasfavoritethings.wordpress.com)
- My easy frozen margarita recipe (boguslavskysisters.com)