These simple low-tech steps may help you protect your identity when you’re at home or on the road:
- Choose good passwords and PINs.
- Beware phishing scams.
- Don’t accidentally on-sell or give away your identity details.
- Shred any documents with identifying information on them.
- Review your credit report regularly.
- Use protection and encryption tools on your computer and digital data.
- Stay aware of your surroundings.
- Consider ID Theft Coverage
- TGT Stock – Target Data Breach Much Worse Than Reported (investorplace.com)
- Target’s Massive Data Breach Is Even Worse Than We Thought (abcnews.go.com)
- Target Data Breach Much Worse Than First Thought, Up to 70 Million Affected (recode.net)
- Oops: Target hacking data breach turns out to affect many more shoppers than originally thought (kfor.com)