Enjoy a relaxing evening sipping this wonderful chocolate treat. The perfect drink for chocolate lovers on this National Margarita Day!
Photo Credit: bestninjablenderrecipes
To rim the glasses:
- Chocolate syrup
- Finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup (8 ounces) tequila
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) chocolate liqueur (recommended: Godiva)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Rim the glasses with syrup and chopped chocolate using 2 small dishes. Moisten the rims of 4 margarita or martini glasses with the chocolate syrup. Dip them in the Mexican chocolate until coated. Set aside.
Combine all of the ingredients, except ice, in a pitcher. Working in batches, transfer the mixture to a shaker full of ice. Shake and pour into the prepared glasses. Serve cold.
- Cheers! To National Margarita Day On Saturday, February 22, 2014 (tastecooksip.com)
- Happy Margarita Day! 5 tangy recipes to shake things up (today.com)
- Poll: Who makes the best margaritas in Kansas City? (kansascity.com)