The kiwi is higher in vitamin C per ounce than most other fruits. Its green flesh has a almost creamy texture with an invigorating taste similar to strawberries, melons and bananas, yet with its own unique sweet flavor.
Some of the health benefits of consuming kiwis include maintaining healthy skin tone and texture, reducing blood pressure and preventing heart disease and stroke.
1. Beautiful Skin: Helps boost collagen, the skins support system. Vitamin C as an essential nutrient that works in our bodies as an antioxidant to help prevent damage caused by the sun, pollution and smoke, smooth wrinkles and improve overall skin texture.
2. Improve Sleep: Improves sleep onset, duration, and efficiency in adults with self-reported sleep disturbances.
3. Heart Health: The fiber and potassium in kiwis support heart health. Eating more potassium along with a decrease in sodium is an most important change that a person can make to reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease.
4. Lowering Blood Pressure: The high potassium content helps negate the effects of sodium in the body.
The kiwi, native to northern China, was originally known as Yang Tao. They were brought to and cultivated in New Zealand at the turn of the 20th century and was then known as the Chinese Gooseberry. When the time came to export the fruit, to avoid the high duties charged on berries, the name was changed to the kiwi.
Check out: 13 Healthiest Foods On Earth
You Might Like
- Oil Pulling: Transform Your Health With An Ancient Ayurvedic Remedy
- Orange & Coconut Whipped Body Butter By Henry Happened; A Lifestyle Blog
- Laughter, Imagination, Dreams
- 10 Foods That Detoxify Your Mind & Body, Plus Things To Avoid
- Marshmallow Peep-Infused Vodka
- Mike Barrett ~ Over 9 Kiwi Fruit Benefits – Boosting The Immune System, Vision, And Heart Health (shiftfrequency.com)
- Kiwi Coconut Smoothie (glow-healthy.com)
- 355/365: National Kiwifruit Day* (eatmywords365.com)