Here’s an interesting twist on the classic Upside Down Cake. This easy to make buttery rich, caramely banana coconut take this yellow cake to new heights. Just so damn deliciously decadent!
- 1 BettyCrocker yellow cake mix
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 bananas sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 (8 inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and sour cream on low until combined. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Place banana slices evenly on the bottom of the two cake pans.
- In a small saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar and lemon juice and heat until dissolved. Pour half of the brown sugar mixture into each of the 2 round cake pans over the bananas. Sprinkle coconut over brown sugar sauce.
- Pour cake batter on top of the coconut into the two pans, dividing equally.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Invert onto serving dishes. Slice to serve.
- Photo/Source: tablespoon
You Might Also Like
- NEW:Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies
- Pumpkin Bread
- Coconut Cookies
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cups
- Turn An Apple Into A Mini Pie