Moist heat packs are filled with moisture-absorbing grain that draws moisture from the air and re-circulates it deep into sore muscles. Moist heat is the best way to sooth many types of pain, penetrating deep into sore muscles. It alleviates joint stiffness, muscle spasms, tight muscles and arthritis pain with soothing heat that helps you feel better.
What you need
- Cloth container (sock, fabric)
- 4-6 cups filling (e.g. uncooked rice, flax seed, buckwheat, oatmeal)
- Needle and thread (optional, but recommended)
- Flair (ribbon, fragrant oils; optional)
Fill your container with the filling. Tie or sew the container shut. You can also add a soothing aromatherapy before you microwave container for 1-3 minutes.
Note: Do not apply cold or heat therapy for more than 15 minutes at a time. Apply either heat or cold is to alternate 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off for an hour or two.
You Might Also Like
- The Two Day Detox
- 4 Benefits of Kiwi
- 10 Foods That Detoxify Your Mind & Body, Plus Things To Avoid
- Cook With Coconut and Stop Those Sugar Cravings
- Vegetables: The benefits By Color