This Strawberry, Rhubarb Infused Iced Tea recipe is a slightly modified version from marthastewart.com. The sweet/tart combination of strawberries and rhubarb make a cooling summery iced tea that’s naturally caffeine-free.
- Rhubarb stalks.
- 1 cup water for each stalk of rhubarb.
- Sugar to taste (optional) For a vegan-friendly version substitute with honey.
- Fresh mint and sliced strawberry to garnish.
Wash the rhubarb stalks and cut into three inch lengths and place in a heavy bottomed pot. Add about 1 cup of water for each stalk of rhubarb, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook, stirring occasionally, for about one hour. Strain, and add sugar to taste while the infusion is still warm. Add sliced strawberries to a pitcher and pour cooled rhubarb infused tea over. Refrigerate until cold. Serve with ice, and garnish with mint and a sliced strawberry.
Photo credit: godairyfree
You Might Also Like
- Tokyo Tea Cocktail Drink Recipe
- Marshmallow Peep-Infused Vodka
- St. Patrick’s Day Cucumber Martini
- How To Make Long Island Iced Tea Watermelon
- Chocolate Margarita
- Strawberry Champagne Jell-O Shots