- 3/4 c. shoyu (soy sauce)
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 tbs ginger powder (grated fresh ginger is okay)
- 1/2 c. green onion, chopped (A little more for garnish)
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 star anise (The “star” ingredient; no pun intended! Star anise is a fragrant
flavorful spice with a sweet licorice flavor.)
- 3 lbs chicken parts.
- cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- mandarin oranges to garish.
Directions: Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil and add chicken. Simmer for 30-40 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Remove chicken to serving platter.
Remove and discard garlic and star anise. Thicken shoyu brine with cornstarch to desired thickness. Pour over chicken and garnish with mandarin oranges.
You Might Also like
- Orange Ginger Chicken Sausage with Sweet Peppers
- 8 Healthy Lettuce Wraps Recipes
- Lasagna Roll Ups with Spinach Stuffing
- One Dish Chicken Dinner
- Hot Dog & Spaghetti Monster Dinner For The Kids
- Read This If You Love Ramen (thebolditalic.com)
- Using Garlic Across The Menu (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- Spice up any meal with a spicy ginger chicken lettuce wrap (fox6now.com)
- 10 Simple and Awesome Homemade Sauté Sauces (onegreenplanet.org)
- Hong Kong Dating Discussion Board (listfree.org)
- Herb ans Spice of the Week – Fennel (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)