This homemade muscle rub penetrates deep into the muscles, bringing a soothing and relaxing sensation.
- Coconut Oil & Cocoa Butter serves as a base for your balm.
- Beeswax is non-allergenic (unless you have a specific allergy to bees! If so, do not use beeswax!), emollient, locks moisture into skin and provides a protective barrier on the skin from harsh environmental conditions such as extreme heat or cold.
- Cayenne Powder contains capsaicin, which reduces the amount of Substance P – a chemical pain transmitter in the body. Cayenne also stimulates the circulation and increases blood flow to affected area, which may speed healing.
- Turmeric is a antioxidant and free-radical scavenger, but its anti-inflammatory properties make it particularly effective for relieving arthritis pain. Taken orally, turmeric can stop arthritis pain throughout the body. Applied topically, it can be used to treat specific joints.
- Essential Oils – Peppermint oil is a natural muscle relaxant and painkiller, while lavender helps to soothes sore muscles
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or Cocoa Butter (You can blend these oils together if you like – equal parts.)
- 1/4 cup grated Bees wax
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp ginger or turmeric powder
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- Glass Jar
Directions: Pour coconut oil and bees wax into a heat proof jar. Add 2 inches of water to a saucepan and heat over medium low heat. Place jar in saucepan and allow contents to melt. Stir to combine. Add the cayenne and ginger/turmeric. Once combined, allow to cool slightly and add in essential oils. Mix well. Pour mixture into a mason or storage containers and allow to set.
- DIY: Cayenne & St. John’s Wort Salve Recipe! (mountainroseblog.com)
- Get Your Skin Ready for the Cold (enlightenedlotuswellness.com)
- 25 Of The World’s Best Coconut Oil Uses From The Experts (naturallivingideas.com)
- 13 Powerful Antibiotics That Don’t Require a Prescription (projectennea.org)