Here’s an interesting DIY project (survival or not) if you love the smell of bacon.
Directions: Melt bacon fat till liquid in a warm oven for about 5-10 minutes. (I would recommend straining the fat to remove the brown matter left behind, or buying a higher quality bacon.) Put the wick in the jar. Place the jar into the fridge for several hours till the fat becomes solidified. Cut the wick to size. Enjoy the smell of bacon whenever you want it.
You Might Also Like
- DIY: Natural Laundry Soap
- DIY: Grapefruit Tub & Tile Scrub
- DIY: Non-Toxic Glass Cleaner
- DIY: Non-Toxic Dish Soap
- 3 DIY Ways To Make Homemade Fabreze + Fabric Wrinkle-Release
- Saturated Fats: Are They as Bad as You Think? (ubiquinol.org)
- DIY Dog Treats That Will Have Your Dog (and Your Wallet) Begging for More (mint.com)
- spinach sauteed in bacon fat (community.spiceworks.com)
- Thanksgiving DIY: The Thankful Tree (berries.com)
- how to cook bacon in the oven (instructables.com)