This scrub made with red wine is an excellent addition to your beauty rituals. The sugar gently exfoliates the skin, honey moisturizes and soothes dry skin. The red wine will improve blood circulation to give you healthy skin.
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3-4 tsp honey
- 3-4 tbsp red wine
Directions: Combine all the above ingredients together in a bowl. Mixture is ready to use and can be stored in the fridge for 2 days.
Facial Scrub: Combine 5 tbsp granulated sugar, 2 tsp honey and 2 tbsp of red wine. Apply to face in a circular motion and rinse.
Why Red Wine?
Red wine packed with antioxidants like flavonoid, resveratrol and tannin which are very good for the skin. It helps to fight free radicals and aging by restoring collagen and elastic fibers. This helps to plump out the wrinkles and gives a boost to sagging skin.
Did you know red wine can also be used as a toner to keep your skin clear, reduce fines lines, wrinkles, and lightens skin pigmentation? Soak a cotton ball in red wine and apply it on the skin. Let it sit for 30 minutes and then wash off.
Stay tuned for red wine facial recipes coming soon…
UPDATE 12/5: As promised, more ways to use red wine for healthy glowing skin. Take a look.>
You Might Also Like
- DIY: Nourishing Sesame Rice Face & Body Polish
- DIY: How To Naturally Clean Your Hair Brushes
- DIY: Oil Neutralizing Facial Mask
- DIY: Reduce Fine Lines and Crows Feet with Green Grapes
- DIY: Avocado & Honey Face Mask
- DIY: Exfoliating Avocado Face Mask
- Red Robin unveils new milkshake concoction featuring red wine (abc7chicago.com)
- Red Robin unveils new milkshake concoction featuring red wine (abc30.com)
- 25 Delicious Dishes You Can Make With Leftover Wine (joannegreco.wordpress.com)
- Red Robin unveils new milkshake concoction featuring red wine (abc13.com)
- What To Do About Red Wine Stain on Concrete Floor? – Good Questions (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Substitute for Red Wine Cooking for Pregnant Women (dailytwocents.com)