Health & Wellness
By of custommade.com. Thank you for sharing!
A Black Thumb Guide to Life in a Bottle
Terrariums are like tiny fantasylands, chock full of miniature plants and itty-bitty art. But before you get started creating your very own eco universe, make sure you have the right materials and plan so your terrarium will thrive for years to come.
Why It’s Time to Consider a Terrarium
Let’s face it—having a tiny ecosystem in your own home is really, really cool. Terrarium-dwelling organisms depend on you for light, water, and air—and contingent on your care, they can flourish or despair. This guide helps make sure your itty-bitty terrarium world thrives.
It Can Reduce Stress
Stress is a sneaky and prevalent assassin in American society. Chronic stress has been linked to heart disease, insomnia, eating disorders, and other illnesses, but reducing daily stress levels isn’t always easy. Thankfully, terrariums can help. Studies increasingly demonstrate the act of nurturing plants gives people a way to cope with negative feelings by directing them toward something positive. In fact, merely looking at plants may reduce blood pressure, leading to higher quality of life. […READ MORE]
This new feature called Friends of Keitochan is a great way for other bloggers and friends to share a snippet of their stories with Keitochansays.com. It’s just another fun way to grow and connect your audience. Here’s how it works!
You Might Also Like
- Edition No. 14: The Ultimate Guide to Apple Picking
- Edition No. 13: I Learned to Drive in New York…But This is Really Crazy!
- Edition No. 12: Orange Ginger Chicken Sausage with Sweet Peppers
- Edition No. 11: Madonna Introduces Her New Skin Care Line In Japan
- Edition No. 10: Afternoon tea with Chris Klugman, chef and social entrepreneur
- Edition No. 9: Wonton Breakfast Delight
- Facts and Figures (lodgeparkacademy.wordpress.com)
- Eating Disorders Are Not Just for Women (psmag.com)
- Treatment Resistance in Eating Disorders (brainposts.blogspot.com)
- It’s Time to Bring Eating Disorders Out of the Shadows (theroot.com)
- Breakfast in Red event to fight heart disease (cbs6albany.com)
- Vitamin D testing not recommended for most people (massenmedical.com)
This scrub made with red wine is an excellent addition to your beauty rituals. The sugar gently exfoliates the skin, honey moisturizes and soothes dry skin. The red wine will improve blood circulation to give you healthy skin.
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3-4 tsp honey
- 3-4 tbsp red wine
Directions: Combine all the above ingredients together in a bowl. Mixture is ready to use and can be stored in the fridge for 2 days.
Facial Scrub: Combine 5 tbsp granulated sugar, 2 tsp honey and 2 tbsp of red wine. Apply to face in a circular motion and rinse.
Why Red Wine?
Red wine packed with antioxidants like flavonoid, resveratrol and tannin which are very good for the skin. It helps to fight free radicals and aging by restoring collagen and elastic fibers. This helps to plump out the wrinkles and gives a boost to sagging skin.
Did you know red wine can also be used as a toner to keep your skin clear, reduce fines lines, wrinkles, and lightens skin pigmentation? Soak a cotton ball in red wine and apply it on the skin. Let it sit for 30 minutes and then wash off.
Stay tuned for red wine facial recipes coming soon…
UPDATE 12/5: As promised, more ways to use red wine for healthy glowing skin. Take a look.>
You Might Also Like
- DIY: Nourishing Sesame Rice Face & Body Polish
- DIY: How To Naturally Clean Your Hair Brushes
- DIY: Oil Neutralizing Facial Mask
- DIY: Reduce Fine Lines and Crows Feet with Green Grapes
- DIY: Avocado & Honey Face Mask
- DIY: Exfoliating Avocado Face Mask
- Red Robin unveils new milkshake concoction featuring red wine (abc7chicago.com)
- Red Robin unveils new milkshake concoction featuring red wine (abc30.com)
- 25 Delicious Dishes You Can Make With Leftover Wine (joannegreco.wordpress.com)
- Red Robin unveils new milkshake concoction featuring red wine (abc13.com)
- What To Do About Red Wine Stain on Concrete Floor? – Good Questions (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Substitute for Red Wine Cooking for Pregnant Women (dailytwocents.com)
This homemade muscle rub penetrates deep into the muscles, bringing a soothing and relaxing sensation.
- Coconut Oil & Cocoa Butter serves as a base for your balm.
- Beeswax is non-allergenic (unless you have a specific allergy to bees! If so, do not use beeswax!), emollient, locks moisture into skin and provides a protective barrier on the skin from harsh environmental conditions such as extreme heat or cold.
- Cayenne Powder contains capsaicin, which reduces the amount of Substance P – a chemical pain transmitter in the body. Cayenne also stimulates the circulation and increases blood flow to affected area, which may speed healing.
- Turmeric is a antioxidant and free-radical scavenger, but its anti-inflammatory properties make it particularly effective for relieving arthritis pain. Taken orally, turmeric can stop arthritis pain throughout the body. Applied topically, it can be used to treat specific joints.
- Essential Oils – Peppermint oil is a natural muscle relaxant and painkiller, while lavender helps to soothes sore muscles
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or Cocoa Butter (You can blend these oils together if you like – equal parts.)
- 1/4 cup grated Bees wax
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp ginger or turmeric powder
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- Glass Jar
Directions: Pour coconut oil and bees wax into a heat proof jar. Add 2 inches of water to a saucepan and heat over medium low heat. Place jar in saucepan and allow contents to melt. Stir to combine. Add the cayenne and ginger/turmeric. Once combined, allow to cool slightly and add in essential oils. Mix well. Pour mixture into a mason or storage containers and allow to set.
- DIY: Cayenne & St. John’s Wort Salve Recipe! (mountainroseblog.com)
- Get Your Skin Ready for the Cold (enlightenedlotuswellness.com)
- 25 Of The World’s Best Coconut Oil Uses From The Experts (naturallivingideas.com)
- 13 Powerful Antibiotics That Don’t Require a Prescription (projectennea.org)
Making your own laundry soap a fast and easy process. All you need is these three ingredients that will give you lot of laundry soap and save you a ton of $$$$$! They can be purchased at most grocery stores or get the kit with all three ingredients here. This kit includes Fels Naptha soap bar that needs to be cut into 3 bars.
Powdered Laundry Soap Recipe:
Grate the bar soap and mix in food processor until finely ground. Use the soap of your choice, any bar will do. (Ivory, Irish Spring, Fels Naptha or my choice, all natural Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castille Bar Soap. In a large bowl, mix 1 cup washing soda, 1 cup Borax and 1 bar of grated soap. (Add a few teaspoons of baking soda if desired). Store in closed container. Use 1/8 to 1/4 cup per load of laundry.
Liquid Laundry Soap Recipe:
Grate the bar soap and mix in food processor until finely ground. Add grated soap in pan with 2 quarts water and gradually heat, stirring constantly until soap is completely dissolved. Add 4.5 gallons of hot tap water in a 5-gallon bucket and stir in 1 cup of borax and 1 cup of Washing Soda until completely dissolved. Pour soap mixture from pan into 5-gallon bucket, Stir well. Cover and leave overnight. Shake or stir until smooth and pour into gallon jugs or other containers. Use 1/2 to 1 cup per load.
You Might Also Like
- DIY: Non-Toxic Glass Cleaner
- DIY: Non-Toxic Dish Soap
- 3 DIY Ways To Make Homemade Fabreze + Fabric Wrinkle-Release
- The Best Fruits & Veggies for Summer Grilling
- Freeze & Preserve Fresh Herbs In Olive Oil
- We Try It: DIY Laundry Detergent (persephonemagazine.com)
- Liquid Laundry Detergent (mycrunchyjourney.com)
- Simple To Make – Homemade Laundry Detergent (247moms.com)
- The Best Natural Homemade Dish Soap Recipe – Easy Recipe (eamine.hubpages.com)
- Basic Slow Cooker Soap Recipe (wellnessmama.com)
Did you know… using an unclean hairbrush can re-deposit old hair oils, product, dust and dead skin cells back into your hair. Isn’t that gross? Not only that… it smells and looses it efficacy when it’s clogged up. Here is a solution to clean your hairbrushes naturally.
First start by using the end of the rat tail comb or pen to loosening the hair from the bottom of the brush, working your way up to the top. Use your hands to gather into a nice hairball and toss it out.
For plastic/metal brushes:
- 1 c. water
- 3-4 of castile soap
- pinch of baking soda
Mix together cup of water, 3-4 drops of castile soap, and a pinch of baking soda. Apply to the bristles as well as the bristle base using a toothbrush, and scrub in upward motion. Lay your brush on a clean towel to day, bristle-side down.
For wooden brushes:
- 1 c. water
- 3-4 drops of tea tree oil
Add a few drops of tea tree oil in a cup of water. Apply to the bristles as well as the bristle base using a toothbrush, and scrub in upward motions. For obvious reason do not immerse wood brushes in water. Lay your brush on a clean towel to day, bristle-side down.
Cleaning your Hairbrush often will make a big difference in the health of your hair and scalp.
You Might Also Like
- DIY NATURAL FACE LIFT: Egg White Face Mask to Shrink Large Pores & Firm Skin
- Orange & Coconut Whipped Body Butter By Henry Happened; A Lifestyle Blog
- DIY Collagen-Boosting Eye Cream
- Brush Your Way To Kissable Lips
- The Trick That’ll Make Your Manicure Last Longer
- How to Take Care of Your Makeup Brushes So They Last Forever (instructables.com)
- 26 Uses For Castile Soap (organic-fanatic.com)
- How to: Clean Your Makeup Tools (makeup.com)
- Ask UfYH: Spare Rooms and Hairbrushes, Equally Gross in Different Ways (persephonemagazine.com)
- 12 great ways to use castile soap (mnn.com)
October 1st marks the beginning of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Remember that annual screening & early detection saves lives! Watch, laugh, check yourself, and SHARE with your friends! Read more at thebreastcancersite.com
Like the article? Please share on your social network. 🙂
— Keitochan ケイト宮地 (@KeitochanSays) October 1, 2014
You Might Also Like
- A Touching Moment: Boy Apologizes for Father’s Crimes #faithinhumanityrestored
- Caught On Tape: Cat Saves Boy from Dog Attack
- 30 Funny & Honest Company Logos, Slogans
- What Makes Your Mom Special?
- 10 Quotes About Mom, the Most Important Lady in All of Our Lives
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month – Resources (ididnotknowwhattosay.wordpress.com)
- October marks Breast Cancer Awareness month! (articles.ogallalacomfortcompany.com)
- National hotlines and support groups (goerie.com)
- #FriendsofKeitochan Edition No. 10 (keitochansays.com)
- Friends of Keitochan Edition No. 2 (keitochansays.com)
- WATCH: Adorable Twins Mimic Daddy’s Sneeze (keitochansays.com)