Here’s an interesting twist on the classic Upside Down Cake. This easy to make buttery rich, caramely banana coconut take this yellow cake to new heights. Just so damn deliciously decadent!
- 1 BettyCrocker yellow cake mix
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 bananas sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 (8 inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and sour cream on low until combined. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Place banana slices evenly on the bottom of the two cake pans.
- In a small saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar and lemon juice and heat until dissolved. Pour half of the brown sugar mixture into each of the 2 round cake pans over the bananas. Sprinkle coconut over brown sugar sauce.
- Pour cake batter on top of the coconut into the two pans, dividing equally.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Invert onto serving dishes. Slice to serve.
- Photo/Source: tablespoon
You Might Also Like
- NEW:Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies
- Pumpkin Bread
- Coconut Cookies
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cups
- Turn An Apple Into A Mini Pie
Here’s a great way to get rid of those over ripe bananas with a healthy, quick and easy gluten-free banana pancake breakfast the whole family will love. This video by RuleOfYum is a slightly different recipe, but it’s prepared the same. I’ll be trying RuleOfYum‘s version soon.
Note: Try not to add to much banana or the pancake will not hold. There should be enough egg to hold mashed banana together.
Crack 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk to break. Then in another bowl add in 1 1/2 large bananas and lightly mash with a potato masher or a fork, but not too much. There should be chunks of bananas to make fluffy pancakes. Then add egg mixture and 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder into mashed bananas and stir to combine. Now cook pancakes over medium low heat. 1 or 2 tablepoons for each. When the baking powder is activated, flip it over and cook for about one minute more. The baking powder is optional, but it will feel like banana omelets rather than pancakes. Garish with berries like Blueberries and serve.
This new feature called Friends of Keitochan is a great way for other bloggers and friends to share a snippet of their stories with Keitochansays.com. It’s just another fun way to grow your audience. Here’s how it works!