Fruit and Vegetable
Did you know fruits and vegetables, even organic can have an alarming amount of pesticides and bacteria on their surface? Using this homemade all-natural fruit and vegetable wash has the combined acidity of vinegar and lemon juice, which kills bacteria, removes pesticide residue and helps dissolve the waxy coating found on most produce. Washing with plain water alone will not remove.
You will need
Combine the water, lemon juice and white vinegar in your measuring cup. Carefully pour the solution into your spray bottle. Shake well to combine.
Spray your fruit and vegetables with the spray solution and gently scrub or rub your produce. Rinse under cold water and serve. You now have fruit and veggies free of pesticides and bacteria!
Place the spray bottle in the fridge once you’re finished. This homemade fruit and vegetable wash will remain potent for up to one month.
Photo credit: famousfootwear
You Might Also Like
- Freeze & Preserve Fresh Herbs In Olive Oil
- How To Cut Tomatoes Like A Ninja Using Two Plates
- Go Green Tip: Jar Reuse
- 40 Easy Ways to Go Green
- How To Protect Yourself From Credit Card Fraud In Wake Of Target Breach.
Tangerine & Avocado Salad with Roasted Sunflower Kernels by gffriendly. So simple, fresh, and balanced; just a quick toss and your good to go! No excuses for not eating healthy tonight.
Sometimes I like to keep it light. This week I have been living on turkey soup and this delightful winter-salad-favorite. Citrus and avocado are actually in season in winter, so they are packed with nutrition and flavor. I pair them with some baby kale or another hearty mix of greens and top it off with roasted sunflower seed kernels. After drizzling a little of my go-to balsamic vinaigrette on top, I dive in.
If you’re curious why I purchased name brand sunflower kernels, the sad truth is that they can be wheat contaminated during the processing. That makes pre-packaged and labeled seeds and nuts safer than bulk, unfortunately.
This salad couldn’t be easier or, in my opinion, more delicious. Salads are all about balance—finding the perfect combination of flavors and textures. Ideally there is something sweet and something salty, some creaminess and some crunchiness. You want to find flavors that…
View original post 35 more words
12 Home Cooked Holiday Recipies
Impress your guests this holiday with these home cooked and delicious holiday delights.
_ ____________________ _
Get Your Guests In The Mood…
Make It A Sides Buffet…
Add A Little Spice to The Season…
Now We’re All Marry & Bright!
Oh! Yum! 11. Eggnog Spice Bundt Cake by relish.com
And last, but not least… 12. Lobster Mac N’ Cheese by smells-like-home.com
Enjoy A Safe, But
With Family & Friends!
BONUS RECIPE: Salted Caramel Apple Hand Pies, plus how to video on the perfectly flaky pie crust.>
- The Benefits of DIY Home Cooking (diy-home-tips.com)
- Entertaining thoughts (cgessner2013.wordpress.com)
- Eight Ways to Keep Good Holiday Cheer (clearclutternow.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: Homemade Holiday Recipes – 80+ Recipes for Home-Cooked Holiday Magic (lilsuburbanhomestead.com)
- Useful DIY Ideas For Cooking Rice (diy-home-tips.com)
- Seven Ways to Keep Good Holiday Cheer (clearclutternow.wordpress.com)
- From the Archives: Porchetta, the Ultimate Holiday Roast (seriouseats.com)
- Why I prefer to improvise than follow recipes. (mealmen.wordpress.com)
- DIY Recipe Crock Pot Chicken Recipes (diy-home-tips.com)
- Home-cooked curry sauces naturally suit free from customers (goodnessdirect.co.uk)
Are you eating enough carrots? Carrots are orange wonder wands for your skin & have other health benefits too. They’re great for the health of our eyes, clearing up breakouts, & they help to prevent the overproduction of cells on our outermost layer of skin.
Photo Credit: farmtohomeorganics.com
- Carrots – What We Need To Know (jacquesorganicgarden.com)
- Orange-Glazed Carrots from foodnetwork.com review (foodandcollege.wordpress.com)
- The Festival of the Purple Carrot (shedreamsoftravel.wordpress.com)
- White Carrots (shelovestobecreative.wordpress.com)
- What’s Up Doc (quanfablog.wordpress.com)
- Carrot Anyone??? (greekfriestogo.wordpress.com)
- Carrot and Cranberry Muffins (amewsbouche.wordpress.com)
- how far do our feelings take their colour from the dive underground? (devonallenjackson.wordpress.com)
- How to Grow Carrots Indoors Instructable (prestonjoelhughes.wordpress.com)
- Carrot Myth Busted! (tweety2308.wordpress.com)
Next time you throw a party, give these mini twice-baked potatoes a try. Recipe here.>
- Creamy Potato Gratin and then some… (shazzhamid.wordpress.com)
- Mini Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes (domesticallyblissful.com)
- Cooking with Revol (bellacor.com)
- Bite Sized Fully Loaded Baked Potatoes (R.R 3.1) (simplystrikingblog.com)
- Tis the season for appetizers! (tonawandacastle.wordpress.com)
- 2013 Friendsgiving Dinner (fitnessandfeta.com)
- Potato Make Ahead Appetizers (allaboutfoodsblog.wordpress.com)
- Parmesan Crusted Baked Potatoes (hello-homebody.com)
- Sweet Potato Appetizers (champagneforducklings.com)
- Veggie Blossoms (tastesoflizzyt.com)
Photo/Source: A Big To Do Event
- Pumpkin Chill Recipe plus More Pumpkin Favorites at Vie! (viefitblog.com)
- Libby’s Pumpkin Pie (bikingchandler.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Beer is Still Here! 4 Favorites, Plus 4 Pumpkin Liqueurs (luekensliquors.wordpress.com)
- Halloween Drinks, Costume Party & Costume Party Ideas | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- The Pumpkin Tap Kit (coolmaterial.com)
- Low Calorie Pumpkin-Layered Cheesecake (bairaesthetics.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice! (californiacavegirlkindra.wordpress.com)
- Something Pumpkin This Way Comes (boozeandchooze.wordpress.com)
- le pumpkin pie (freshlyfrenchpressed.com)
- Pumpkin Patch Ale (travisdambrogi.wordpress.com)